Health, Medical & Wellness
- Behaviours in Dementia - The Behaviours in Dementia Toolkit is an online library of over 200 free resources. The goal of the Toolkit is to help you better understand and compassionately respond to dementia-related changes in mood and behaviour.
- Canadian Mental Health Association - CMHA promotes the mental health of all and supports the resilience and recovery of people experiencing mental illness. Each year, CMHA provides direct service to more than 100,000 Canadians through the combined efforts of more than 10,000 volunteers and staff across Canada in over 120 communities.
- CancerCare Manitoba - CancerCare Manitoba is the provincially mandated cancer agency tasked with providing cancer services to the people of Manitoba. CCMB is responsible for providing care, treatment and support across the entire cancer service spectrum – from prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment and care, and palliation or end of life care.
- Communicable Disease Control - Government of Manitoba - To promote and support the prevention and control of communicable diseases in Manitoba
- Health Canada - Federal department responsible for helping Canadians maintain and improve their health.
- Healthy Canadians - A Government of Canada website that gives you access to reliable, easy-to-understand information about health and safety relating to many aspects of our lives.
- Internet Public Library (IPL) Health Pag - Links to professional as well as layperson information.
- Kids Help Phone - Canada’s only 24/7 counselling and information service for young people.
- Mayo Clinic - Tools for healthier lives.
- MedlinePlus - Produced by the U.S. National Library of Medicine, MedlinePlus brings you information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand.
- PLOS Medicine - Public Library of Science: Independent medical journal.
- Public Health Agency of Canada - The Public Health Agency of Canada aims to promote health, prevent and control chronic diseases and injuries & infectious diseases. They also prepare for and respond to public health emergencies.
- WebMD - Excellent information on any health topic in an easy to understand format.
- World Health Organization (WHO) - WHO provides information, reports, and data pertaining to a variety of health topics.