Connect & Learn with Sunrise
Children born between Jan. 1, 2018 – Dec. 31, 2018, who are eligible to start Sunrise Kindergarten in September 2023, are invited to connect and learn with us.
Connect with us to learn how your child is doing in the areas of speech, language, thinking, and movement development. Your child’s play-based assessment session will be one-on-one, with a Sunrise assessor, and approx. 45 minutes in length. You’re welcome to attend and observe. Following the assessment, you will be contacted with feedback on your child’s skills. We will also provide offers of support and connect you with resources or services that may be helpful to you and your child.
If you would like to attend your child’s appointment, the following locations are available:
– Springfield Public Library (Dugald)
– Sunrise Education Centre (Beausejour)
– Lac du Bonnet Library Ecole Powerview School
If your child attends one of the following childcare centres, his/her appointment can be scheduled to occur on-site (you do not need to be present for his/her appointment):
– Gillis Play and Learn Centre Inc.
– Beausejour Kids Centre
WHEN & HOW
Call Pattie TODAY at 204-268-6540 to make an appointment.
• It’s free!
• Your child will receive a prize to take home.
• The play-based assessment will assist you, and Sunrise School Division, to plan for your child’s successful transition into Kindergarten.
• Receive tips and suggestions to facilitate your child’s continued learning at home.
• Upon request, get connected with specialized services in our region.
• Have your questions and concerns addressed prior to your child’s Kindergarten entry. www.sunrisesd.ca
Sign-up for our monthly Connect & Learn newsletter, full of helpful suggestions and local community resources, when you book your child’s appointment.