Mission Statement and Vision
It is the mission of the Springfield Public Library to provide and promote open and equal access to the resources and services of the library in order to meet the informational, educational, cultural and Literacy needs of the community.
The Springfield Public Library embraces the rich heritage and vibrant future of our community. We aspire to be the best possible library for Springfield. We create opportunities to participate, connect and discover by:
- Encouraging life-long learning
- Responding to the needs of our diverse community
- Ensuring freedom of access to information
- Offering space for people and ideas to come together providing materials and programs that entertain and inspire
- We are committed to excellent stewardship of the physical and financial assets entrusted to the Library.