Looking to Hire Summer Reading Camp Counsellor
Summer Reading Camp Counsellor
The Springfield Public Library is seeking applications from qualified candidates for the position of Summer Camp Counsellor. Reporting directly to the Manager or Assistant, the Camp Counsellor is responsible for planning and implementing creative and progressive programs to meet the needs and interests of all participants. Camp Counsellor is also accountable for the health and safety of all participants.
- Provide a fun, positive and safe environment for all participants.
- To directly supervise and assume responsibility for the participants throughout the entire duration of the camp programming day.
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of each participant.
- Plan and implement age-appropriate programs in cooperation with the Manager/ Assistant.
- Work cooperatively with other staff.
- Participate in program preparation, including organizing supplies, program setup and cleanup.
- Communicate with parents and/or guardians where appropriate and as required.
- Maintain confidentiality of official records.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Manager/ Assistant regarding programs, participants, and any potential problems.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with all age groups in a recreational setting. This position requires the individual to have confidence, patience, strong communication and organizational skills. Child and Adult Abuse Registry and Criminal Record Checks and current CPR / First Aid Certification are required.
Interested applicants must submit a resume, cover letter and 3 references by
4:00 pm May 20th, 2023.
Manager of Springfield Public Library
POB 340, Dugald, MB
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.